Skydive City Brewfest 2015
Join fellow craft beer enthusiasts at the Second Annual Skydive City Brewfest November 21, 2015! Register today!
Skydive City Brewfest, Sat. November 21st, 2015. Tasting from 2:00 to 6:00 p.m. $30.00 per Person “Advance” ticket sales (pre-sale deadline) November, 19th 11:59 p.m., after Thursday “pre-purchase” period ends, entry at the gate / day of show is $40.00 per person. Tickets are currently available through “event-brite” / links on this site..
Tampa Bay Area “Beer Lovers” and friends will be returning again to have a blast sampling some of the best Commercial Craft Beers and Home Brewed Beers in Florida and beyond. Come be amazed watching demonstrations by World Class Canopy Pilots “Swooping the Pond” at speeds over 90 + M.P.H. Come early to observe participants in the 5K Mud Run (9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.), or get dirty yourself and pre-register to run through “MudEndeavor.com”, but you’d better hurry, we have met our 1,000 runner limit, but will accept up to 50 additional Registrations. *Runners can take advantage of a Special Discount rate of $20.00 to imbibe at the beer tasting, but offer ends at 11:59 p.m. Thursday, November 19th.
The paid admission for Brewfest 2015 includes your own commemorative Belgian Style sampling glass, unlimited yes / but “responsible” sampling of more than “120” unique beers, hard ciders and featuring three Olde World / Historic Recipes of “Hot Beer” specialties, free food bites for palate rescue from The Local Public House and the “WingHouse” of Wesley Chapel, free parking, plus entry to the after party with three live bands including “Third Story Basement”, “Undercover Betty” and “Gringo” playing from 7:00 p.m. till Midnight. This year we’ve also added FOOD TRUCKS!!! Featuring Henry Lee’s BBQ, Philou’s Cajun on the Geaux, and Americanwiener (gourmet hot dogs and sausages) and the Hard Dock Cafe’.
Do you have friends that say, “I’m not really into craft beer”, bring them along as everyone is welcome and non-tasting patrons / observers / concert goers will only be charged a $6.00 band fee. The Sunset Bar will open at 1:00 p.m. till Midnight and will be serving most mainstream / macro beers, wine, other adult beverages for purchase.
MAIN BREWER LIST:
Several well known Commercial Craft Brewers scheduled to pour multiple creations or deliver products are as follows: Big Storm Brewing, Two Henry’s, Southern Brewing and Winemaking, Zephyrhills Brewing Company, Bastet Brewpub, Darwin Brewing Co., Cigar City, Lakeland Brewing Company, Brew Hub, ESB Brewing, Pair “O” Dice, Orange Blossom, Green Bench Brewing Co., Florida Beer Company, BJ’s Restaurants (Brewing Division), Multiple offerings from Micro Man Distributors / Global Beer Network, Several Central Florida “Start-up” Breweries, plus Lagunitas, Ballast Point, New Belgium, Brooklyn, Featuring local Home Brewers from PUB Guild, Brandon Bootleggers, Lakeland Brewers Guild, Special Hoperations, and additionally (21+) unique creations from a featured region afar… Highlands Brewing, Avery, Pisgha, Wicked Weed, New Belgium (Ben & Jerry’s), Full Steam, Anderson Valley, Catawba, Oskar Blues, Mystery, Burial, Westbrook, French Broad Brewing and more.
Zephyrhills resident Robert Hilferding, the A.H.A. Home Brewer of the year for 2014 and winner of Brewfest 2014 “Peoples Choice Award” will also be returning to “Home Turf” in an honorary role, offering a full compliment of beers, in his Inaugural Pouring as a Commercial Brewer with “Zephyrhills Brewing Company”.
SEE YOU THERE!
5K Mud Obstacle Run – 10am – 1pm
Live music from 7pm to midnight!
Homebrewers Perk Package
- Club members should “Pre-register” with Event Director: Bill Back ASAP to reserve their slot for a limited number of entrants, 813-355-1195 or email BackConstruction@Verizon.net
- Advance Ticket Sales for friends/family and the general public are available through Eventbrite.com or check out Skydivecity.com and our Facebook Page.
The following shall be included as compensation for pouring at the tasting event:
- Skydive City Brewfest will pay each individual Homebrewer a “jockey-box” rental fee of $50.00 per five gallon batch of either homebrewed beer or cider, but limited to $100.00, or two jockey box rentals per individual Homebrewer (i.e. multiple entries). Brewer to provide “jockey-box”. *Any individual Homebrewer may choose to pour more than 2 offerings, however payment is limited to above amount.
- Each individually registered Homebrewer will also receive: 2 entry passes/wristbands for the event, 2 commemorative tasting vessels, 1 T-shirt, and 2 food/meal tickets.
- Skydive City Brewfest will provide the following services/facilities to Homebrewers: reasonable space for set-up to sample pour for each Homebrewer (either under building roof, or inside tent area), 1 6’ or 8’ table “FCFS”, 2 chairs, adequate supply of clean ice for jockey box/beer cooling, 1 water pitcher with fresh potable water for rinsing, 1 1.5 gallon catch basin for rinse waste (all ice and rinsing service provided to your table by event volunteers), 1 voting box/container, 4 voting tokens (one each for both Commercial and Homebrewers) People’s Choice Award and free parking.
- FREE Overnight R.V. parking/camping space will be provided to all Homebrewers on a “first come first serve” basis. Spaces are “Dry” and limited electrical connections are available, however guests are welcome to use the Shower House/Restroom building at their leisure. *Out of consideration for other residents, Electric Generators can not operate after 11:00 p.m.
- This is a Non-Sanctioned Competition, however two Grand Prizes will be given to the “People’s Choice” for both the peoples favorite, Homebrewer and Commercial Brewer with the most votes for their creation. Said prize will be a complete Tandem Skydive package with training and video ($294.00 Value). Due to weight limitations/health requirements, the package fully is transferrable to friends/family members but can not be resold.
- Homebrewers will be provided with a “registration form” in advance of the event and will be required to provide name, address, and contact information so we can better serve you.
- There will also be a featured “Experimental Category” of HOT BEER. We have three Brewers Pre-registered and look forward to their unique offerings during a limited/small batch pour.